When do you need installation quality testing?
Whenever you want or need to document the installed quality of anchors or post-installed rebar as reference for the quality manager, project owner or an external inspector. As such, proof testing takes place during or after the installation phase.
What are the benefits?
- Validated and documented installation of post-installed anchors or post-installed rebar
- Peace of mind that the installed solution can perform as needed
What does the service deliver to you?
1. Test report with:
- Customer and jobsite information
- Fastener and base material information
- Installation and test equipment information
- Test information and test results:
- Test picture and comment per trial
- Load and displacement values
- Load versus time and load versus displacement graph
Displacement measurement enables a qualitative plausibility check based on the load versus displacement relationship. It helps to ensure a reliable assessment of tests regarding consistency and predictability of anchor behavior.
- Comparison of test trials within the same test series
- Comparison of failed test trials with typical failure curves
2. Evaluation report (optional) with:
Test load calculation and assessment based on:
- British Standard
How do we perform tests to validate installation quality?
Tests to validate installation quality are tensile proof tests to a predefined test load that is not supposed to damage the fastening and the base material.
The minimum number of test trials is based on the chosen testing and evaluation method:
- Usually 2.5% or 5% of all fasteners in an application
- Minimum 3 test trials
Calculated test load and assessment change according to the chosen testing and evaluation method.