Our Company and Financial Reports
In 2016, the Hilti Group benefited from the substantial investments made over the past few years and managed to boost its sales growth. With a launch of 60 new products, the Group’s rate of innovation was particularly high. Operating result, net income, return on sales (ROS) and return on capital employed (ROCE) have reached new record levels.
- Strategy: Well-positioned in every respect.
- Customers: Strong partnership and genuine added value.
- Brand: More diverse, modern and dynamic.
In 2015, the Hilti Group posted sales growth of +5.8 percent in local currencies. Despite strong exchange rate pressure and continued high investments, the operating result grew yet again to CHF 547 million (+2%) and return on sales (ROS) was up from 11.9 to 12.5 percent. Due to higher tax expenses, net income was slightly below previous year (-4%) at CHF 410 million. With a rise from 16.8 to 19.0, return on capital employed (ROCE) was also improved.
- Strategy: A year marked by massive investments.
- Customers: Digitalization, new software packages and enhancing services.
- Diversity & Inclusion: It’s the mix that matters.
In 2014 the Hilti Group grew sales by 7.5 percent in local currencies, and by 3.6 percent in Swiss francs, to CHF 4.5 billion. The company’s operating result rose to CHF 537 million (+27%). Thanks to accelerated growth, productivity enhancements and increased margins, operating profitability (ROS) was up, rising from 9.7 to
11.9 percent. Net profit grew by 40 percent to
CHF 426 million. Return on capital employed (ROCE) improved from 12.8 to 16.8 percent.
- Strategy: Maintaining strong momentum.
- Customers: Outstanding products and services generate trust.
- The Hilti Way: Where passion thrives.
With a 40 percent increase in the operating result, sales growth of 3.2 percent and the return on sales rising from 7.2 to 9.7 percent, the Hilti Group stands on a solid foundation and in a position to further increase profitability and capital efficiency.
- Strategy: Seizing opportunities. Meeting challenges.
- A look at the 2013 business year: Our own expectations. Our innovations. Our customers.
- Corporate responsibility: Anchored in the business model. Practiced on a daily basis.
- There’s a story behind every hole: A hole is much more than empty space.
On the basis of 5.2 percent sales growth in 2012, the Hilti Group was able to substantially improve its operating result (+45%) and net income (+101%). This growth was due in large measure to the rapid implementation of the profitability enhancement program launched in 2011.
- Strategy: We are on track.
- Products: We know what’s required.
- Team members: We offer perspectives.
- Corporate responsibility: We want to be trailblazers.
The Hilti Group achieved significant sales growth of 15 percent in local currencies in 2011. However, the massive appreciation of the Swiss franc and rising material and transport costs significantly weighed down net income (-32%) and the operating result (-23%).
- Strategy: Differentiation is, and will continue to be, our claim
- Customers: We belong at the side of our customers
- Areas of business: Going the extra mile
- Team members: Responsibility for people and the company